Grants are available to all students who qualify (according to the stipulations of each grant) – undergraduate and graduate. All of the following, except the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant (VTAG), require the completion of the FAFSA. View steps to complete the FAFSA.


Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant program is for eligible families with the lowest income levels. Grants range from $400 to $6,195 per year based on enrollment status. Eligibility is determined by FAFSA.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

The SEOG offers limited additional funding with priority given to full-time Federal Pell Grant recipients who represent the highest level of financial need. For qualified students, grants can be awarded up to $4,000 per academic year.

Marymount Grant

The Marymount Grant is sponsored by the University to make education affordable for as many full-time, first-degree needy undergraduate students as possible.

DC Tuition Assistance Grant (DCTAG)

The DC Tuition Assistance Grant (DCTAG) is available to legal residents of the District of Columbia who attend Marymount on a full-time basis. The amount offered varies each academic year depending on the available funding. DCTAG is not based on financial need; however, an application must be filed through the program.

State Education Office

DC Tuition Assistant Grant Program
801 First St. NE,
Third Floor
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 727-2824
Fax: (202) 727-2834

DC Mayor's Scholarship Undergraduate Program

The Mayor’s Scholars Undergraduate Program provides need-based funding for eligible DC residents earning their first associate’s or bachelor’s degree at select area colleges and universities. The program is a last-dollar award meaning it can be used to fill the gap between a student’s financial aid package and the cost of attendance.

Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant

The Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant is available to legal Virginia residents who are full-time students. It is not based on financial need. The amount of the award varies each academic year depending on the state’s funding. Awards will be made by the Commonwealth to students who file their applications by July 31. Late applications will be considered if funds are available. Applications are submitted to the Financial Aid Office. Repayment is not required. The Commonwealth of Virginia funds the program. VTAG awards for graduate students are restricted to those enrolled in health-related programs only.

Office of Financial Aid

Marymount University
2807 N. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22207


(703) 284-1530
Fax (703) 516-4771
Contact Us